Join our team...
Amigos del Bosque Spanish Nature Preschool is hiring passionate and enthusiastic nature teachers/naturalists and subteachers to co- teach and learn along with children between 3- 6 years old. Our program runs from September through May and summer camps in June.
Our preschool operates 90% outside and is immersed in nature. We work and learn together under the premise: “There’s no bad weather, just bad clothing”. Embracing nature and learning in any kind of weather and keeping a positive attitude is a basic skill that we look for in our teachers.
Amigos del Bosque also believes in child led and emergent curriculum. We encourage risky play, where the child can discover and be guided to assess and know risky situations and problem solve. The teacher becomes a facilitator and co-learner among the children.
Nature teacher requirements:
At least one year teaching in early childhood/k-12 l or as a naturalist or relevant life experience.
Fluent spanish speaker. Native speaker is a plus
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Flexible and adaptable to unpredictable situations.
Demonstrated comfort with teaching outside in all seasons.
Willing to keep learning and professional development.
Having a good physical condition. This job requires daily hikes, backpack and wagon/sled carrying.
As a nature teacher you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with other fellow teachers and the director.
-Ignite the learning and inquiry of your group of learners.
-Participate in extracurricular activities (teachers meetings, parents/community building, etc)
- Be the main source of information for your parents and keep an open and good relationship with them.
- Closely observe the group of learners to develop the emergent curriculum.
- Facilitates and accompanies their learners in the discovery of nature and the Spanish language.
- Coordinates and participates in set up and take down of materials are clean and properly stored at the end of the day.
- Actively participates in the development of curriculum.
Schedule is Monday through Thursday or two days a week (M/W or T/Th) from 8:30- 12:30
For more info please visit our website www.amigosdelbosquemn.com.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org